The best 4 tips to learn programming fast
Learning programming is one of the best choices in terms of training and work that can be done today: coding skills are increasingly in demand by Italian companies, and professionals in the sector are among the most sought after by the market. work.
More and more people on BritainReviews want to study programming. But what exactly is the programming industry about and what are the steps needed to learn programming from scratch in a few weeks? Let’s find out together.
What is programming?
Programming is the set of activities and techniques that a developer performs and applies to create software. There are several programming languages and a developer needs to know at least some of them to make his instructions “understandable” to a terminal. The more languages a programmer knows, the more this will be needed in the labour market.
It is also important to have a quality computer. When you want to buy a new one or any part for it, it is advisable to study online electronic stores online reviews. In this way, you will know that you have a high-performance computer with which you can enter the world of programming.
1. Understand what sector you want to specialize in
The world of software development is potentially endless, but if you want to summarize it is possible to divide the different areas into four main categories, each of which allows you to develop different products and include different programming languages.
● Desktop development
● Mobile development
● IoT / Home automation development
2. Learn the basics of languages
Almost all programming languages have common basics that need to be memorized to function properly. Once these concepts have been learned, it will be possible to solve the most common programming problems and start to get into the right “mentality”.
Let’s find out what are the most important programming concepts:
● Variables: This is a data container that can be modified while the software is running
● Conditional constructions: within an algorithm, there are often conditioned constructions, ie actions that are performed only on condition that a certain situation or state appears
● Functions: These constructs allow you to group a sequence of instructions into a single block of code that is intended to complete an operation. Functions can be considered as small programs in a larger software
● Data entry: this is the data that the user provides to the program to allow it to run
If you want to know the secret of how to become a computer programmer, let’s give you a little spoiler: you will have to practice a lot!
This is the decisive part of your journey to becoming a computer programmer: if you want to achieve your goal, you will have to do a lot, a lot of practice!
I don’t think this is a real surprise to you, and you’ve probably already mentally prepared yourself to train your new skills, so here are some tips to help you become competent in no time:
● Test writes some codes while studying, to immediately remedy the notions learned with practice;
● Download a code editor and start writing small test programs;
● Share your exercises or first tests in a community (a forum, for example) for advice – don’t worry about criticism, as it will help you improve faster and faster.
4. Create a portfolio of your work and projects.
Did you know that while training your skills, you can maximize the outcome of your efforts? Want to know how? Starting to build your portfolio, which will be the best weapon to present yourself as a serious professional, both in the eyes of customers and in the case of a potential employer.
When you submit your resume for an application that is likely to cover core positions, you will find yourself competing with another candidate. What is the best way to be noticed in this case? To send your portfolio, the ace in the hole to stand out in the crowd!