Synology DS Manager – Synology Download Station macOS client app and Safari Extension
Synology DS Manager is the modern Synology Download Station macOS client app and Safari Extension.
First of all, the Synology DS Manager is the modern macOS application for your Synology Download Station. It allows you to easily manage your Synology Download Station tasks right from your Mac computer. Secondly, there is the built-in Synology Download Station Safari Extension allowing you to add new download tasks from the Safari browser.
This macOS application for Synology Download Station is modern so it works perfectly in 2020 on both macOS Catalina and Safari 13. Older macOS/Safari versions are also supported of course.
The app is trustworthy: it’s sandboxed and notarized by Apple, and your connection credentials are securely stored in the macOS keychain.
The app is developed by skavans – an indie macOS Swift developer.
- your Synology Download Station connection credentials are securely stored in macOS keychain;
- 2-step authentication (2FA) support;
- activate the Synology Download Station Safari Extension to easily add new Download Station tasks right from Safari – just right-click any link on any Safari webpage and click the “Download at Synology DS Manager” context menu item;
- select any Synology NAS folder as the download destination;
- hide the Dock icon option;
- submit new Synology Download Station tasks right from your Mac application;
- simultaneously specify up to multiple torrent-files and/or direct download URLs;
- set up the Search Engines in your Synology Download Station settings and search for new torrents right from the application using the embedded BitTorent Search function;
- sort the searching results by size or peers/seeds count to select the best ones;
- submit the search results as new Synology Download Station tasks in just one click!
The application is paid but you can test it for free for 3 days and then decide if it worth your purchase. You can download the free trial version from the developer’s website: